We are a growing RIBA Chartered practice looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
Inkpen Downie works with new, existing and historic buildings. The Directors Ben, David and Julia have built the business on a strong foundation of knowledge and expertise, which underpins the working practice of the entire team.
We offer a fresh, open and efficient approach to design and are committed to achieving excellence through quality. We are passionate about buildings, the people and the materials that we work with, we are dedicated to finding accessible, long term and sustainable design solutions for all.
We currently have 1 position available
Our ideal Technologist will:
- have excellent communication skills
- be highly motivated and organized
- have an open and flexible attitude towards new ways of working
- be CIAT registered
- Have current, working knowledge of sustainable, low carbon building technologies
- have at least 2 years UK based, post qualification, office experience
- Have good working knowledge across the Commercial and Historic building sectors
- be able to use 3D/BIM software to develop technical drawings through RIBA 3-5
- have some knowledge of Vectorworks.
- have own transport
- Preparation and development of planning scheme to detailed construction drawings.
- Production of technical specifications and tender working drawing packages.
- Ensure high quality of delivery when producing or updating drawings
- Attend and help with site appraisals, surveys, client meetings and site inspections
- Carry out Principal Designers Duties
- Liaising with contractors and other construction professionals
Interested? Submit your CV and portfolio (max 10mb) to firstname.lastname@example.org